04 - 18 - 2011 Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning kills Reedsville man
Mifflin Co. Coroner, Daniel Lynch, & the MCRP investigated the death of 81-y/o John Snook of Church St., Reedsville after he was found unresponsive by his wife shortly after 11am yesterday. Medical responders found Snookâs wife to be ill upon arrival & took her to Lewistown Hospital for treatment. It was discovered that the power had been out at the home on Sat. for 4 hrs. & a gas-powered generator was running in the basement with no ventilation. Lynch ruled Snookâs death accidental due to carbon-monoxide poisoning.