06 - 14 - 2013 Centre Co. man injured from a vehicle fire in garage
Union Township - A Union Township man suffered burns to his arms when a fire started on a car he was working on Thursday and spread to a pickup truck and his garage. The Citizenâs Hook and Ladder fire company responded to the fire, which was reported at 5:44 pm at 161 Shadow Lane. Fire Chief Brad Burns said something created a spark that ignited gasoline. The fire ended up melting some siding on the garage. The man was checked at the scene by Bellefonte EMS, Burns said. Tanker trucks from the Port Matilda and Snow Shoe fire companies also responded.