01 - 22 - 2013 Fire damages Belleville homes yesterday afternoon
BELLEVILLE - High winds blew flames from a fully-engulfed detached garage fire, causing the adjacent house to burn as well Monday at 10 Stonewood Drive, Belleville. Allensville Fire Company Chief Trevor Eckley said at 12:49 pm. the garage caught on fire accidentally due to a piece of plywood falling onto a heating lamp. Eckley said the high winds pushed the fire onto the main home and the house suffered major fire damage. The family was home at the time and no injuries were reported. A dog and several puppies were killed in the garage fire, Eckley said.